Strategic planning provides your organization and your employees with a clear framework to promote success.
Most often, a strategic plan consists of both mission and vision statements, values, goals, and a plan for reaching those goals.
The impact of strategic planning can be felt at all levels of an organization, and the benefits include:
- The organization’s focus and resources can be placed or re-allocated to the important things,
- Become aware of any available opportunities and potential threats
- Analyze your organizational strengths and weaknesses
- Provide a direction for your organization
- Set realistic objectives that are challenging and motivating, but still attainable
- Develop a reference for budgets and operating plans
- Provide direction so employees understand what they are striving to accomplish